ICCR Scholarships to Foreign Nationals
The Government of India, through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), offers scholarships under General Scholarship Scheme to foreign nationals wishing to study at graduate, post graduate or research levels in universities and educational institutions in India during the academic year 2018-19.
The scholarships include enrolment and course fees, besides a fixed amount of living expenses. The scholarships are granted for the full duration of the course. Applicants are requested to log onto “Admissions to Alumni” (A2A), the Scholarship Portal developed by ICCR at http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/home/about. This portal contains all the relevant information for the applicants including details of all State Universities, Central Universities and Institutes, colleges affiliated with them, courses available, availability of hostels, applications guidelines, eligibility criteria and other relevant information for helping the applicants in decision-making while applying for the academic courses of their preference.
Please carefully note the following:
- Applications should be submitted by 15 January 2018 through the online application mechanism.
- Applications should be complete in every detail. Kindly read the guidelines on the portal.
- Short-listed candidates will have to appear for an English Proficiency
- Applicants should clearly mention the course to which they are seeking admission while mentioning choices.
- Applicants are advised to go through the courses offered by the Universities carefully before finally submitting the application form. List of Universities where ICCR students are currently studying is available at ICCR Website www.iccr.gov.in
- ICCR does not award scholarships for MBBS/BDS courses or Casual Research/Diplomas/Short-term courses.
- Applicant must produce a medical fitness certificate from a recognized hospital in the prescribed format available with the online application form.
- Students applying for M.Phil/Doctoral/Post-Doctoral courses should submit a synopsis along with the application.
- Students wishing to pursue performing arts courses should upload Video/Audio/YouTube link
- An applicant should have studied Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at Higher Secondary level to be eligible for admission to science/engineering courses
- Submission of application form does not guarantee admission.
- Indian universities/educational institutions are autonomous and independent bodies and have their own eligibility criteria on the basis of which they confirm admissions.
For further details please visit ICCR Scholarship Application Portal: