Government of India introduces ‘eTourist Visa’ to UAE citizens
Government of India has extended the ‘e Tourist Visa’ (eTV) facility to citizens of 45 countries from the existing 11countries currently. The UAE is one among the newly added countries to the list. Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service passports will not be covered under this facility.
e-Tourist Visa Facility is available for passport holders of following countries:
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam., Zambia, Zimbabwe
How to apply?
‘e Tourist Visa’ (eTV) enabled by Electronic travel Authorization (ETA).Once the applicant submits an online application, along with a copy of his/her passport and a photograph and other requirements, within 72 hours, the applicant will know if the visa application has been approved through his e-mail.
The approved copy of “Electronic Travel Authorization” (ETA) received via email, can be presented only at one of the following sixteen international airports across India while travelling to India. At the airport, an immigration official will take the required biometrics and once the verification is complete, the visa will be stamped at the immigration.
Point of Entry
e TV is valid for entry through 16 designated Airports i.e., Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum and Varanasi. However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
Features of the visa
This visa will have a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry from the date of arrival in India.
Terms and conditions
The sole purpose of visiting India on tourist visa on arrival should only be for recreation, sightseeing, visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit etc.
- Foreigners of the above 45 countries who hold an ordinary passport with maximum 6 months validity.
- Foreigners traveling on passport other than ordinary passport such as Diplomatic, Official,Special, and Service passports are not eligible for the eTourist Visa (eTV) Service.
- The applicant should be of assured financial standing (the production of return ticket and availability of sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India).
- International travelers having Pakistani passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular visa at Indian Missions.
Instruction for eTV enabled by ETA
- Applicants may apply online at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
- eTV links may also be found in websites of Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Home Affairs,Ministry of External Affairs and the Bureau of Immigration. The online application should be submitted minimum four days in advance and maximum 30 days of the proposed date of travel.
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of passport to be uploaded while applying.
- A fee of US $60/- (Plus bank transaction charges) per passenger to be paid online for the grant of ETA for eTV.
- Fees once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Online application will be processed only after fee is paid online.
- Decision on eTV will be conveyed by email. Therefore, applicants are advised to ensure that correct email address is provided.
- Applicant can also track the status of their application online on the eTV website by selecting the link “Visa Status”, and entering their Application ID number and Passport number.
- Applicant should carry a copy of ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.
- eTV once is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted or Cantonment Areas.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at the eTV counter at the Airport at the time of arrival in India.
- This facility is in addition to the existing Visa Services.